Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Patience

I think that this summer God has decided it's time for me to learn some patience. I'm really not a patient person, but since having kids, I've tried my best. Now it seems to be time for me to move to the next level. My two lead teachers are my children. My daughter is amazingly independent and fearless. She wants to do everything by herself. Her syllabus consists mostly of "Me do it....no Mommy, get back, Me do it myself!" My son on the other hand, wants assistance with everything...and then likes to go over and over the details of each second. Kinda reminds me of this SNL skit, when Chris Farley is interviewing Paul McCartney:

Chris Farley: You remember when you were with the Beatles?
Paul McCartney: Yes.
Chris Farley: That was awesome.

Chris Farley: Remember when you were with the Beatles and you were supposed to be dead, and there were all these clues, like you play some song backwards and it'd say, like "Paul is Dead" and everybody thought you were dead and, um, that was a hoax right?
Paul McCartney: Yeah, I wasn't really dead.

Chris Farley: I think we got time for one more question. Remember when you were in the Beatles and you did that album Abbey Road and at the very end of the song, it went: 'And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make'. You remember that?
Paul McCartney: Yes.
Chris Farley: Um, is that true?

When I read this quote, I realized that this is a good comparison for me. I'm raising little people here, they won't always take as much (or the same kind of) patience...this is a learning time for all of us. And I do love them so. :)

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.”

--Arnold Henry Glasow

No comments:

Post a Comment